Hedges Law Essay Competition – Winter 2019/20
The winner will be awarded an Internship with Hedges Law; a fantastic opportunity for any aspiring lawyer.
“This ruling protects freedom of speech and freedom of conscience for everyone”: Daniel McArthur, baker, after winning recent Supreme Court appeal on his refusal to bake a cake.
But Gareth Lee, who initiated the proceedings is currently taking his case to the European Court of Human Rights. He says “This is about limited companies being somehow able to pick and choose which customers they will serve. “.
Are we facing a crisis at the heart of our legal system as freedoms at the heart of our constitution conflict with the legislation protecting individuals?
- Word limit is 1,500 words.
- Competition open to pupils up to Year 13.
- Please email your written (word-processed) essay to email@example.com by 4pm on Friday 14th February 2020.
- Essays delivered out of time or over the word limit will not be considered.
- Please state your full name, school / college and contact details in your cover email.