If you have separated from your partner or spouse, or are thinking about doing so, there'll be a whole range of important decisions about your and your family's future that you're bound to be thinking about. It can feel really overwhelming to even begin to think about where you go from here. The thought of going to court and 'battling it out' may horrify you.
Here's where our Family Mediator, Carrie Rudge, may be able to help.
Family Mediation offers you and your spouse or partner an opportunity to make these decisions and address plans for the future by sitting down together with a specialist Family Mediator. The Mediator's role is to help you communicate, work out the issues that need to be considered and facilitate these discussions with you both. If mediation is appropriate, it really can be an excellent option to help you to reach agreement and make arrangements for the future.
Why would you choose mediation?
- It allows you to be more amicable and work together to make decisions.
- Mediation can be much quicker because there is no waiting for months for a Court date.
- You can keep control, rather than handing decisions over to a Judge.
- The cost of mediation can be significantly less than doing everything through lawyers, in some cases tens of thousands of pounds less.
Why do people choose Carrie?
- Carrie’s mediation process is designed to give mediation the best possible chance of success.
- Carrie cares that you reach decisions through mediation because she strongly believes it is in your interests to try to do things amicably, at lower cost and to retain control over the decisions.
- Carrie is also a family lawyer so has a wealth of knowledge and experience. If a legal document is needed, she can ensure everything is covered to go into that legal document, and in some cases can prepare the legal documents with you.
Mediation has been taking place on line throughout the pandemic and will continue to take place in accordance with government guidance to keep everyone safe.
Call Carrie to explore whether Mediation would work for you on 01491 839839 or complete this form and Carrie will give you a call.